Soccer Moms!

I really, really love painting a pregnant belly. There is nothing better than adding art to one of nature's most amazing creations. Often when I am putting the brush on the skin a little foot or hand will poke back at me from inside. I also bond with the mom whose tummy I am decorating as I learn all about her little ones chosen name and pregnancy stories. One of the mothers I painted invited me to a birthday party where I met the baby whose home I had painted a year before that.


I have now painted two Soccer/Football bellies. Why? Well, it is the most popular sport in the world and since most of the mommies I paint are having boys it makes sense that they would want a sporty theme. Who knows maybe these 2 little boys will grow up to be superstars like David Beckham? And I can say that I set the stage for them. Yay!

I also recently painted a beach scene with the parents names written in the sand. It was for her baby shower, as was the first pre-natal Soccer belly, which makes a truly memorable event for any party.

Thanks to Elizabeth, Amy, and Melissa for allowing me to paint their growing tummies. An extra special thanks to Alexander, Troy, and Clark for providing a canvas that I could paint on.

Comments

Popular Posts