My Zebra African Queen

Back in January one of the body painting masters, Mark Reid, came to visit sunny California; so when I heard that he was teaching a body painting class I jumped at the chance to meet and learn from him. The class also included some other local well known artists such as Nina Greville, whom I immediately bonded with, and very much enjoyed painting alongside.

I learned much from Mark Reid and found delight with his dally way and fun sense of humor. He installed confidence in us all and although he didn't do much hands on painting, I gained a good deal of business knowledge from his experiences.

This was not my first body painting but it was my first black woman and so right away I was taken back to my birthplace of South Africa. It was for this wistful reason that I focused on an African theme. At first I wanted to paint an elephant on her front but then came up with the clever idea of using her breasts to incorporate a 3D zebra design. I have painted a water color of zebras in the past so it helped familiarize me with their striped pattern and I had also painted a wine glass of Zulu designs with an animal silhouette. Mark was helpful in the eye structure and also showed me how to paint realistic stars. In the end I was very pleased with my painting and even though I did not have the time to complete my design I still had a wonderful experience with my erudite body paint master, Mark Reid.




This is just a continuation of myself, Tracy Kiggen, as a face painter transitioning into the world of body art and special effects. Please visit my web site for more information:

Facebook LinkedIn Etsy Twitter

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts