Opera Night!

My little face painting business, ARTovator, is growing every day as more and more people find out my fabulous designs. I can't believe I didn't listen to my mom years ago when she told me to do this. I could have been so much farther ahead, but anyway at least I did finally do it. Last night I painted some opera singers for the SOCSA (South Orange County School of the Arts) gala event at the Marriott in Dana Point. 


It was so much fun! The performers were very talented and gave me major goosebumps. There were two singers, Emma Hutchinson and Emma Werderman (I know two Emmas!), that had superstar status for sure and I expect to see them in first class acts in the future. I got to paint a really lovely young lady, Abigail Schwartz, who impressed me with her quest for adventure and positive outlook on life. I know I will see her on Broadway someday, she has style and moxie. Qualities like that are rare in high school students these days. I painted an Indian style design on her face to compliment her singing Verdi's "Saper Vorreste".
The other face I painted was for an equally sweet girl, Gabrielle Martin, who sang an excerpt from Die Zauberflöte called "Papageno, Papagena". She was dressed like a swan princess so I tried to enhance this on her face. I had a really great experience doing this event and look forward to taking part again next year.



Comments

Popular Posts