Creative Block or Creative Bull?

Today I am 35 and a mother. My daughter, thank God, has started letting her own creativity shine and I blissfully encourage this effort. She is only 3 but still manages to perplex me with her form and imagination. Within the space of 2 days she suddenly went from childish scribbles to obvious shapes, from a planet to a mad dog, as she called it. I just love that my own offspring has inherited what I think is my most precious quality. Now if only she can be honest and thoughtful then it will be like my own little 'mini me'.

Lately I have been having an influx of creativity surrounding me and at the same time I find myself in some sort of a mental block. I have always hated that people could say that they were in a creative block until I came to that point myself. Isn't that how everything in life works? Don't we all tend to judge from the outside looking in? Then, when it happens to us our understanding becomes deeper and we take back our inexperienced comments. Now I am working on having empathy for all without having to add it as experience on my résumé of life.

A neighbor befriended me and I think she might have taken me out of this state of dull, uninspired boredom, which brings me to another off topic question: What is the opposite of creativity? Destruction? It can't be that because even in destroying something we are creating something else. Anyway, my neighbor from north of the lane, invited me to an evening at Tushita Heaven, in San Juan Capistrano, where she said there would be a well known harpist playing there that Friday night. I accompanied her to this place and was quite amazed and astounded as to the world I discovered. The harpist, Peter Sterling, was so ethereal that I found myself between worlds. He not only delighted us with his harp music but he also played sounds on crystal bowls, something I had never had first hand experience with. Of course, I was well aware of crystals but never really appreciated them as I never knew what their purpose was. After I left the appropriately named, Tushita Heaven, I can honestly say that I was drunk on celestial wine even though I was completely sober. I also left there with an iridescent sack of crystals for my own personal use. I purchased them in order to inspire and incite my imagination.

I cannot say if it is the crystals that are helping with my recent burst of lively ideas, but they sure have made an impression on my life; and I will be forever grateful to my neighbor, and new friend, whom I shall call The Opera Angel.

In the end I find myself questioning if I even had a creative block at all, or if my imaginative part of my brain was just sleeping???

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts